Technological advancements and innovation through automation, digitisation, and electrification, have considerably escalated in the past year. Various technologies and innovations have assisted in the accessibility of, and to, sites across the globe, regarded as “enablers”. A few areas reshaping the sector include automation, artificial intelligence, data collection and interpretation, connectivity, modelling and digital transformation.
The mining sector needs to continue to foster innovation to remain competitive, but more importantly, ensure agility – especially as witnessed in 2020 and as the demand for sustainable practices continues. Which is why this year’s conference will cover:
- Promoting Technology & Innovation that Drives Sustainability & Accessibility
- CTO Leaders in the Spotlight
- Minerals Processing & Tailings Management
- Applications of AI, ML & Automation: Technology as an Enabler
- METS Arena
- Analytics & Interpreting the Data
- Integration, Connectivity & Agility: Providing Accessibility to Mine Operations
- Modelling, Simulation & Innovation in Mine Planning and Design: Going Digital from the Get-Go
- Machinery, Equipment & Modernisation
- Electrification & The Digital Mine
By embracing technology and innovation into the mining sector, companies will witness results in reduced costs, increased productivity, and improved worker safety. Attendees of IMARC 2021 can expect a program that will showcase case studies and insights of where such applications of technology have made an impact on operations, and what innovative capabilities are beyond 2021.