Highly experienced international C-Suite mining executive with over 30 years’ experience predominantly in Africa, Australia and Asia, in various commodities including industrial and fertiliser minerals, uranium, gold, base metals, coal, and rare/niche metals.
Respected values-based, problem-solving leader comfortable in multicultural environments. Over fifteen years’ international experience at MD/CEO level and prior to that, senior executive roles in operations, corporate development and projects at Uranium One, Mitsubishi, BHP and Billiton.
Recent Career Highlights:
• Steered Reward Minerals’ Lake Disappointment SOP Project through state and commonwealth environmental approvals.
• Ensured the survival of Deep Yellow through five exceptionally difficult years in the uranium industry, leaving it on a solid footing with the Tumas Project well positioned to be the next uranium mine in Namibia.
• Transformed Terramin’s relationship with the Company’s Algerian JV partners on its flagship Tala Hamza Zinc Project.
• Built Uranium One’s South Australian team, guided the Honeymoon Mine through its environmental approvals and oversaw the establishment of the Mitsui Uranium One Australia JV.
• Led the due diligence on Uranium One’s C$3.8 billion acquisition of UrAsia Ltd and was responsible for the integration and management of the Kazakh joint venture interests.