Mining, Exploration and Geoscience is responsible for growing our geoscientific knowledge and facilitating the ecologically sustainable development of geological resources to benefit the people of NSW. MEG joined the Planning & Environment Cluster on 1 April 2017 as part of the machinery of government changes.
MEG has four operating principles:
- We enable evidence-based policy development and decision making on the use of geological resources.
- We acquire, synthesise and deliver best available geoscientific information and provide impartial advice.
- We provide an effective, transparent and timely titles assessment service which accounts for social, economic and environmental considerations.
- We deliver programs efficiently and effectively.
Our three branches which lead the execution of these principles and functions are:
- Geological Survey of NSW
- Resource Operations
- Resources Policy, Planning and Programs.