Mining, Exploration and Geoscience (MEG) is a division of the NSW Government’s Department of Regional NSW. We are committed to delivering outstanding service and high-quality products and outcomes, to support our vision of the state’s minerals and petroleum resources generating prosperity for the people of NSW.
Mining, Exploration and Geoscience:
- Supports Australian and international investment into regional NSW through promoting the mineral resource potential of the state
- Acquires, interprets and delivers quality geoscientific data and information
- Sets the strategic policy for the state’s mineral resources
- Provides a trusted minerals and petroleum titles assessment service delivering certainty for industry
- Provides strategic and geoscientific advice and analysis to inform government decision making, especially for land use planning
- Minimises environmental and social risk associated with legacy mine sites.
Our five branches that support the delivery of these functions are:
- Geological Survey of NSW
- Resources Regulator
- Assessment and Systems
- Strategy, Performance and Industry Development
- Strategic Advice and Coordination